There is always something new to talk about when it comes to Korean pop music and pop culture. Groups form and disband while new musicians make their debut. Which groups have the hottest buzz? This year we have seen exciting groups like CNBLUE and fans around the world have been eagerly watching eac...more
- ‘Unbowed’ To Take to ‘100-Minute Debate’ 2012.01.30 16:20
- As the movie Unbowed, a film based on the true story of the so-called ‘crossbow terror’ incident of a college professor, has been heating up the box office, a stage for a public debate on the movie will be set on MBC’s 100-Minute Debate. MBC announced on January 30, “The January 31 live broadcas..
- Two Things the Success of ‘K-Pop Star’ Means 2012.01.30 15:27
- SBS’ K-Pop Star is rising through the ranks quickly although it’s a relative latecomer to the world of survival audition programs. Its January 29 broadcast even scored 18 percent in viewership ratings (AGB Nielsen Media Research), coming close to 20 percent and shaking up Sunday’s no. 1 program, ..
- Mate’s Jeong Jun Il Puts on His Final Performance before Enlistment 2012.01.30 14:51
- Indie rock band Mate’s Jeong Jun Il, who recently made headlines as he revealed his secret marriage and plans to divorce, put on his final performance before enlisting in the army. He was chosen as the winner of Album of the Month with his first solo album, Lo9ve3r4s at the 4th Olleh Music Indie Aw..
- Yuri Leaves MC Spot of ′Music Core′ 2012.01.29 10:51
- Girls′ Generation′s Yuri stepped down from the hosting spot she long held in MBC′s Music Core. On the live January 28 broadcast of Music Core, she said goodbye to her fans. Fellow member Tiffany, who was Yuri′s partner on the show, revealed that "Yuri will be leaving to start acting."..
- So Ji Sub to Attend Hua Hin International Film Festival 2012.01.27 18:20
- Actor So Ji Sub will represent Korea at the Hua Hin International Film Festival in Thailand. So is expected to attend the opening ceremony of the film festival, where his film Always will be screened, on January 27 in an effort to broaden his reach as a Korean actor. ..
- How Child Actors Grow Up to become Adults in Dramas 2012.01.26 18:01
- MBC’s The Sun and the Moon had its child actors pass the baton on to the adults on January 19. The transition came by using the sun as a medium, as Yeo Jin Gu, the younger version of Hwon, stretched his hand out toward the sun to show his yearning for Yeon Woo, and was soon overlapped with Kim Soo ..