There is always something new to talk about when it comes to Korean pop music and pop culture. Groups form and disband while new musicians make their debut. Which groups have the hottest buzz? This year we have seen exciting groups like CNBLUE and fans around the world have been eagerly watching eac...more
- Will K-Pop Take Over the World in 2012? 2012.01.04 15:20
- We remember and forget things that happen in the flow of time that will never turn back. The end of 2011 that seemed so far away at first has already taken up a place in our memories of the past. 2011 made us laugh and cry with it like any other year, but it burned hotter at the same time because of..
- What Happened to Enjoying Music? 2012.01.03 18:05
- There were so many audition programs this year, and they keep on coming. It seems that every week a new audition program is springing up on some channel somewhere. It is true that audition programs provide fair chances for everyone, and so may have some good in them. But many say the popularity of a..
- Kim Sang Kyung to be First Guest of the New Year on ‘SNLK’ 2012.01.03 17:31
- Actor Kim Sang Kyung will be appearing as the first guest of 2012 on tvN’s comedy show Saturday Night Live Korea (SNLK). Kim chose SNLK as his first public appearance; though Kim rarely appears in variety programs, on SNLK he plans to show off all of the humor he has and leave a different impressio..
- ‘Take Care of Us, Captain’ Sets Sail 2012.01.03 15:42
- Take Care of Us, Captain, the next SBS drama to follow A Tree with Deep Roots set sail with an official press conference. The cast of Take Care of Us, Captain, Gu Hye Sun, Ji Jin Hee, Lee Chun Hee and Yoo Sun, attended the press conference held in Seoul on January 3...
- Girls’ Generation is Being Watched…A Lot 2012.01.03 15:05
- Girls’ Generation didn′t just heat up the stage during its performance at the 62nd NHK Red & White Song Battle, the girls actually caused the show′s viewership ratings to spike. According to Japan’s Video Research, the average viewership rating for the first part of the 62nd NHK Red & White Song..
- Who Will Dominate the Year of the Dragon? 2012.01.03 10:09
- The ball may have dropped and the confetti may have settled, but the party is just getting started as 2012 kicks into full swing. Not only is it a New Year, it’s the Year of the Dragon. But that’s not why we’re excited. If you thought 2011 was a crazy year, brace yourself for 2012, because it’s ..
- NPR Says K-Pop Has Blown Up 2012.01.02 18:16
- The American music industry and numerous media outlets took notice of K-Pop in 2011, and NPR is the latest media organization to jump on the bandwagon. K-Pop was featured in NPR’s end of the year series ‘A Good Year,’ which spotlights “the people, businesses, ideas and trends that have done well..
- Singers Survive the Peak Season; What’s Next? 2012.01.02 16:50
- December of 2011 went by in a flurry like any other year, as it always proves to be the peak of activity for singers. Singers who went through killer schedules at the end of the year are now catching their breath to prepare for their next feats for the New Year. Singers who didn’t get to spread the..