There is always something new to talk about when it comes to Korean pop music and pop culture. Groups form and disband while new musicians make their debut. Which groups have the hottest buzz? This year we have seen exciting groups like CNBLUE and fans around the world have been eagerly watching eac...more
- Time Travel Hot Subject Matter in 2012 Dramas/Films 2012.01.16 16:09
- In the 2012, on both the small and big screen, time travel stories will be a hot storyline. Most of much-anticipated new dramas on major TV networks, cable channels, and general service channels will, oddly enough, feature stories revolving around time-travel. Starting with TV Chosun’s Operation Pr..
- Girls’ Generation Holds Successful Concert in Hong Kong 2012.01.16 14:55
- Girls’ Generation hit Hong Kong with a successful solo concert. The 2012 Girls’ Generation Tour in Hong Kong was held on January 15 in Hong Kong’s Asia World-Arena, and featured fantastic performances with colorful stage settings...
- Jang Keun Suk, Kara, Girls’ Generation and TVXQ Make Bank in Japan 2012.01.13 10:21
- A Japanese magazine revealed a list of the most highly paid celebrities for commercials, and some familiar names made it into the higher ranks. According to the weekly women’s magazine Josei Jisin, Jang Keun Suk was the fourth most highly paid male star for modeling. At his highest, he used to be p..
- Girls′ Generation, Kara and 2NE1 Get Dolled Up 2012.01.13 09:34
- If fans couldn’t get enough of their favorite celebs on television, ‘The 2011 Seoul Doll Fair’ had top idols on display for over a week, as fans flocked to the Coex in Samseong-dong to gawk at (literally) dolled up versions of top girl groups, including Girls’ Generation, 2NE1, and Kara. The fai..
- Why We Heart Audition Programs 2012.01.11 17:41
- We thought we had sworn off audition programs after the emotional roller coaster that was the third season of Mnet’s Superstar K3, which culminated in Ulala Session clinching the win. Then SBS’ K-Pop Star happened. And okay, we may be two-timing with MBC’s The Great Birth. Audition programs, no m..
- Girls’ Generation Prints One Million CDs in Japan 2012.01.11 15:21
- [Correction]: This article has been corrected to reflect a mistake from the original Korean article. The original article stated that Girls′ Generation had sold one million albums in Japan; Japan considers sales to include those printed and shipped to stores, but not yet sold to the public. We apol..
- [Interview] Yang Se Hyung is Grateful to Be Short 2012.01.10 16:48
- “It’s not easy to work with Jung Ka Eun in romantic scenes. (laugh)” Comedian Yang Se Hyung, who has been cast in the MBC drama A Thousand Kisses, caused laughs with his first scene, which aired on January 1. Yang plays the role of Jin Ho, who met Jang Hye Bin (Jung Ka Eun) in a blind date, and h..