Go to contents

[Exclusive] Charges Filed by First Accuser in Ko Young Wook Case were Dropped

Rating Rating more One Star

2013.03.12 10:16 Mwave Park, HyunMin Translation Credit : Erika Kim

The charges pressed by the first accuser, an 18-year-old aspiring celebrity, in the Ko Young Wook case were actually dropped in January.

According to an official in law, prosecution failed to prove Ko Young Wook had forced sexual relations on the girl, and so the case was dropped eight months after it first came to light. The Kakao Talk messages between Ko Young Wook and the accuser, as well as phone conversations with the accuser′s ex-boyfriend, played a great part in the decision to drop the case.

[Exclusive] Charges Filed by First Accuser in Ko Young Wook Case were Dropped

The fact that charges filed by the initial accuser were dropped means a great deal to the full ′Ko Young Wook case′.

In April 2012, the initial accuser sued Ko Young Wook, saying that he had raped her at his studio apartment after they had shared drinks.

Two more accusers ′B′ and ′C′ then pressed additional charges, saying that they had also been sexually assaulted by Ko Young Wook two years before. They dropped their own charges while the investigation was still underway, but their cases had been merged with another, new case that arose in December 2012 because not much evidence was left for evaluation.

A lawyer told enews about the case, "In cases against celebrities, some people step forth to sue the celebrity because the accusations are reported through the news. In that case the new accusers may come under suspicions on whether they had indeed been victimized. That they only came forth after news reports were published can make their testimonies unreliable."

Prosecution seems to be determined to get a strong sentence for Ko Young Wook, as it even requested an order for an electronic anklet usually given to sex offenders.

Ko Young Wook′s most recent case involved a middle school student ′D′, who said she had been molested by Ko Yong Wook on December 1 after he had led her into his car, saying he was a producer.

Ko Young Wook will attend his third hearing on the afternoon of March 12. Prosecution has requested the presence of B as a witness.

Photo credit: enews DB

Reach reporter Park HyunMin on Twitter @happygato!

Tag
Ko Young Wook 20130312
Any copying, republication or redistribution of Mwave's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited Without prior permission from Mwave. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civill penalties.

ENEWS WORLD

search news