Jewelry Sets an Example for Idol Groups by Revealing Its Ten Big Rules
In SBS′ Match, the men and women competing for each otheract on a strict list of 12 rules. The program thus builds an atmosphere in which the participants can solely concentrate on finding their mates.
The girl group Jewelry has set up a similar list of rules for its own teamwork and happy relationships. The members act on 10 rules that will help the group avoid any rumors about outcasts or conflict.
The 10 rules that Jewelry′s Ye Won revealed on the October 23 broadcast of SBS′ Strong Heart are:
1. Greet each other in a friendly manner at the hair shop in the morning
2. Go to the bathroom alone
3. Don′t whisper in each other′s ears
4. The member who earned the most must buy the others dinner at least once a month
5. Clean up your bags
6. Don′t get mad even when someone dips her cookies in coffee from the vending machine
7. The one who′s the busiest gets the menu first
8. Tell everyone where you′re headed after the day′s schedules are over
9. Don′t ask into something too much
10. Say no to others when asked about anything
Ye Won then explained how these rules were put together. ′Go to the bathroom alone′ was set in place to prevent members from badmouthing each other behind their backs.
Jung Juri agreed with the notion, saying, "Girls usually tell their secrets in the bathrooms."
Talking about secrets leads to badmouthing. So in order to prevent members from feeling left out, the members decided to set a rule telling them to go to the bathroom alone.
The rule that said ′the member who earned the most must buy the others dinner′ was an effort to make light a giant financial issue that proves to be a problem in many idol groups. Ye Won is the one who currently earns the most.
"I don′t earn a lot, but still I earn the most," she said bashfully.
′Say no to others when asked about anything′ was related to rumors. The members promised that even though they hear something about another member outside of the group, they should deny it no matter what.
Even if the rumors turn out to be true, the members agreed that they should keep quiet and protect each other until the member related to the rumors decides to speak up about it.
"We never fight," Ye Won said proudly. "I believe these are the things that bring a group together."
Photo credit: SBS